A lot of people, no matter how fond they are of cooking or how long they spend time in the kitchen, have never heard of the vacuum sealer. This trusty little kitchen device was invented to help us increase the shelf life of a lot of different kinds of food. Recently it has become more and more popular and a lot of people can’t wait to get their hands on one. You should never buy an appliance just for the sake of having one. If you want a premium vacuum sealer go to thefreshome site, here’s the link thefreshome.com.
They offer a selection of vacuum sealers, you’ll be able to see the machine’s model, operation, weight, warranty and price; one’s bound to get a hold of your interest. There are a lot of advantages with this little device; it’s not just for show on your kitchen top.
What Does A Vacuum Sealer Do?
When you put food inside a plastic bag and let the vacuum sealer do its work, you’ll see that it basically vacuums the air out of the plastic bag and seals it. Because there’s no air with the food, it rapidly slows down any formation of bacteria so it won’t spoil as easily. Other than additional shelf life, it helps with the decrease in usage of shelf space; the plastic bag will be almost nonexistent in thickness so it won’t take up too much space.
Their Best Vacuum Sealers
Below re the list of the top vacuum sealers offered by the freshome site; take your time in considering each.
- Seal-a-Meal FSSMSL0160-000 – this model is the most budget friendly out of the five. It’s compact and light at only 4.2 lbs in weight and is manually operated. Don’t let the price fool you, this vacuum sealer can compare with the other if used properly.
- FoodSaver V2244 – the price of this model is a little higher when compared to our previous candidate but its still budget friendly. It can be manually operated, which means that you have to exert some effort with food sealing. One of its advantage is its compact size, thus you can store it easier.
- FoodSaver GameSaver Deluxe – as you can see that the word deluxe is present, it will cost you a bit of money. But you might not think twice when you find out about its 10 year warranty. This compact vacuum sealer comes with manual and automatic options; you can also choose the wet and dry food option.
- FoodSaver 4840 – one of their high-end vacuum sealers, this model costs a lot more than our previous candidates. If you purchase this model, it’s already assembled when you receive it. Sealing your food starts the moment you place the bag on the slot.
- Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300 – now this is at the top of their lists of best vacuum sealers. Yes, it’s expensive but all its features are worth every penny. There’s no doubt that all its sealing duties are expertly done.