CSCS stands for Construction Skills Certification Scheme. This is a mandatory certification for all construction based operatives working in United Kingdom. CSCS certification has different cards, each referring a different qualification.
Have you ever wondered why people need to write the CSCS test?
In order to carry out a particular occupation you need to acquire that particular type of card.As a CSCS card is evidence that you possess the necessary training and skill required to carry out your job. In other words it is certification that makes you eligible for you specific industry.
Now a days, all prominent and well known construction companies look for valid CSCS card holders while hunting for construction workers. Hence the CSCS scheme basically keeps a record of construction workers who possess this recognised construction based qualification.
CSCS works as a non-profit company comprising of directors from various union and employer organisations which have high construction based qualification and expertise. Another training body called Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) is responsible for conducting out the application filling and processing process of CSCS certification Exam.
The Application Fees
As per the latest notifications issued by the Construction Industry Training Board every applicant needs to pay an amount of £30 for appearing in the test while the fees of a CITB Health, Environment and Safety Test is about £19.50.
The Test Pattern
It is a comprehensive test comprising of 50 questions that need to be answered in a time span of 45 minutes. The question topics are broken down in this manner:
- The test comprises of 12 questions catering to behavioural science
- The remaining 38 questions are based on checking your general awareness about health, safety and fitness.
Preparation Tips and Tricks
- In order to succeed in your one go better start preparing at least two months prior to the date of test.
- An extensive collection of revised material is present online that can guide you on topics that are covered.
- Moreover, apart from written material, an applicant can also consider referring to mobile application guides and DVD’s which can be purchased both online and offline.
- Once you are confident about your preparation consider appearing for CSCS Mock Test available on various sites as this would give you a demo practice of how to manage time and will let you know your strengths and weaknesses.